Welcome to Chariton Valley Electric Cooperative!
We are pleased that you have chosen the service area of Chariton Valley Electric Cooperative for your new home or business. Our goal is to make the process of obtaining your new electric service as easy as 1-2-3. The following guide will help ensure there are no unnecessary delays.
Complete the appropriate Application (see links below) and Schedule an Appointment.
- Complete the Application for Membership and Electric Service – Residential Form OR
- Complete the Application for Membership and Electric Service – Business Form
To schedule an appointment with our Operations Department please call us at 1-800-475- 1702 or 641-932-7126. Include a cell phone and/or daytime telephone number so we can contact you.
Our Operations Department will schedule an appointment with you to determine your site location and desired service route. Chariton Valley Electric will provide a quote for line extension and any other costs associated with building your electric service.
- The member will be required to provide an advance for construction before construction begins. The amount of the advance for construction will be calculated using the continuing property records of the Cooperative. The member will be expected to deposit an amount equal to 90% of the calculated construction cost. The Cooperative will be responsible for all remaining line extension costs.
- For overhead construction the member shall be responsible for providing a cleared right of way onto or across their property, and shall provide the Cooperative with the necessary easements.
- For underground construction the member shall be responsible for providing a cleared right of way, re-backfill and reseeding across their property, and shall provide the Cooperative with the necessary easements.
When these fees are paid and permits are in, your new service can proceed to Step 3.
Your electric service will be scheduled as soon as possible. Lead-time will vary with our current work load and weather conditions. If you have questions, you may contact us at 800-475-1702 or 641-932-7126.